Saturday, May 09, 2009

Dogboy and Fatman go to the movies

It was a warm, overcast Friday evening and our hereoes; Fatman and Dogboy jump into the JunkMobile and...aw heck, me and MIke Dobbs went to see Wolverine last night. It was good. We both thought there were some problems, but we also agreed that the characters were good, the effects were good, just...something was missing. (Spoiler Alert): I had a few problems in continuity. Sorry but Scott Summers shouldn't have been in this movie. Professor X should have also not been in this movie. I know there is a desired tie to the first three X-Men movies but I still had a problem with these characters being jammed into the movie. Jackman was very good, Schreiber was nasty, and Danny Huston was a good bad guy (duh). We also saw one of the supposed 5 endings. I look forward in seeing all 5 when the DVD comes out. Mike and I also stayed past the credits to see if there was a special ending. There was. It sucked monkey junk. What a waste of time that did not help the movie at all.

Nuff said.

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

My son wants to see it. Maybe we'll go today. Me...I'm leaning toward Star Trek. Who knows what man-flicks will win over on this Mother's Day?