Monday, March 03, 2008

The Flock and Bob Smith


A few months ago I mentioned James Robert Smith's The Flock here and how it was recommended to me by my VT amigo Steve Bissette. I read the book and was wildly inspired by it and I wrote Bob Smith. I asked him if he had any short stories involving the Terror Birds and if he ever decided to publish them as a chapbook, I would be interested in doing some spot illustrations. So Bob wrote back and thought that would be great, however, he also has worked in comics so he mentioned graphic novel. I said I would be on board if he liked any sketches I did so I finally got something I liked, sketched, and then colored and sent it off to him. He liked it and wanted to forward it off to his Rep so it's off in the ether-verse hoping to start something wonderful.

Cheers.

3 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Woo-HOO!

Looks great! Thanks for posting that. I forwarded the cover to various folk.

dogboy443 said...

I want to do more studies of the Terror Birds and then take the short scene with the soldiers and flesh it out to a 6 page mini-intro story.

James Robert Smith said...

Yow!