Monday, October 05, 2009

Wednesday Comics




So DC's 12 week experiment has wrapped up. What did you think? I enjoyed the entire experiment. I thought it was a clever way to shake things up for 12 weeks. I have to say the Wonder Woman story did not grab me and neither did the Teen Titans. I like Hawkman and I like Kyle Baker, but I though the reproduction of his art was too murky. My favorite part of Wednesdays was Dave Gibbons and Ryan Sook's Kamandi. It was fun, it was clever and it harkened back to the days of Hal Foster and Prince Valiant. Ryan Sook was born to draw this material. When does the mini-series begin? I'm also curious to see how DC is going to compile the 12 week experiment into one collected volume. I'm hoping for an over-sized coffee table style book. Hard cover please. Softcover, as per past editions (H.R. Giger) will just simply fall apart when the binding let's go.

Cheers

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

Damn. You're right. That Kamandi stuff DOES look like Hal Foster's Prince Valiant!